ESAB is hiring Lead Engineer - Mechanical Design for their Global R&D unit in Chennai Sriperumbudur.
We are looking for immediate joiners who can able to join within 10 -15 days.
Possible opportunities for getting training in Sweden for 2 - 3 months.
Experience : 8-12 Years
Qualification : M.Tech - CAD
- High skills in SolidWorks Cad and Analytical design/ FEM calculations.
- Experience in design of mechanical solutions/Automation projects/Products.
- Limited travel is required to support installations, sales and order meeting with customer.
- Speaking and writing in English.
Please find the position description details below
Position Summary : -
- Produce concepts, solutions and drawings of a high quality for ESAB Engineering projects/New Product development.
- Design customer solutions of different welding tasks within Engineering and Standard Automation.
- Create mechanical drawings using CAD- and PLM- system.
- Create product structures and bill of material in our MPS system.
- Maintenance activities on existing modules and products/Change request.
- DFMEA/DFM/DFA and highly skilled Product development stages and validations
- Improve work methods within mechanical design.
- Create efficiencies in modular design.
- Lead and support design resources and coordinate project tasks within smaller customer projects.
- Participate in quotation- and customer meetings to find efficient- end economical- solutions.
Performance Objectives and Deliverables :-
Immediate objectives are,
- Deliver good design solutions that cover customer requirements.
- Contribute to ongoing mechanical modularization.
- Deliver quote concept to sales department.
- Improvement of ESAB drawing standard.
- Participate in implementation of mechanical design rules to minimize design time and waist.
- Implementation of test standards i.e. VCRM and test specifications.
Strategic Deliverables are,
- Focus on engineering solutions that contribute to sales of consumables.
- Focus on cost efficient solutions.
- Focus on milestones in customer projects.
Primary Responsibilities are,
- Time, quality and cost is a major responsibility.
- Fully responsibility for individual deliveries.
- Fully responsible for deliveries from assigned project team.
- Planning, documentation, and follow up result.
- Improve focus on cost, time and quality.
- Design customer solutions covering different welding tasks, within Engineering and Standard Automation.
- Implementation of CBS-tools at Engineering Design.
- Participate in process improvement at Engineering Design.
If your skill set are matching and if you can join within 10-15 days, Please send me your resume at Ponnien.Selvan@esab.co.in
Candidates who attended interview in last 6 months are not eligible to reappear.
Ponnien Selvan K.
Lead - Recruitment and Talent Acquisition
ESAB India Limited, Chennai - 58
Salary: INR 7,50,000 - 12,00,000 P.A.
Industry: Industrial Products / Heavy Machinery
Functional Area: Engineering Design, R&D
Role Category: Engineering Design
Role: Senior Design Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time