ESAB is hiring Software Test Automation Engineers for their Global R&D team located in Sriperumbudur Unit. Please find the job details below.
No.of Vacancies : 2
Experience : 3 -7 years
Qualification : B.E Computers / Electrical or MCA
The purpose of the Test Automation Engineer is to plan and execute the complete software test cycle on the welding systems. The test cycle includes test cases development, testing and quality reports/metrics.
A Test Automation Engineer may have a sub-set of specific responsibilities and this may change over time, however the general responsibilities for all Software Testers are:
- Break-down of product / system / software features to test strategies and test plans.
- Implement high quality testing of software for welding systems, from requirements to completed successful testing:
- Requirement analysis together with stakeholders
- Time estimations and planning of software test work packages
- Develop test specifications, test cases and sequences
- Execute software testing (manual and automated)
- Support system tests performed in software team (by software testers) and system tests performance by product delivery teams
- Coordination of work across technical disciplines when applicable
- Conducting regression testing on the ECR software releases:
- Analyse the impact areas and suitably select the regression test cases.
- Scripts to run the automated test cases for regression tests.
- Technical project management of small to medium software test projects, i.e. coordinate, plan and ensure these deliveries from the software test team.
- Ownership of software test modules and execution
- Analyse and improve efficiency, stability, robustness and scalability of software testing
- Collaborate with software designers to increase test coverage
- Maintain software test systems and tools
- Continuously identify and implement improvements of processes and methods
- Train other team members in own technical skills
Required Technical Skill Areas :-
Basic Understanding of below points are really preferable from the candidate.
- Hands-on experience with Automated test setups, Test Rigs, Hardware-in-loop test rigs
- Test automation using Labview software or with any automation software
- Communication Protocols (Ethernet, TCP/IP, USB, CAN, SPI, UART)
- Software Testing Cycle (Test plans, test cases and specifications, Test runs, Test reports and Charts, Quality metrics)
- Software Design for Test & Quality Metrics
- Testing using simulated platforms, hardware simulation
If you are interested in this job opportunity, you may send the resume to Ponnien.Selvan@esab.co.in
- Software Architecture Layered, Modular architectures
- CANOPEN protocol stack and communication
ESAB TA Team
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Industrial Products / Heavy Machinery
Functional Area: IT Software - QA & Testing
Role Category: Programming & Design
Role: Testing Engineer
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time